Experience – Bodega Achaval Ferrer – Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina.
- Address: Calle Cobos 2601 – Perdriel – (5509) Luján de Cuyo – Mendoza, Argentina (Google Maps)
- Distance from Mendoza: 28 km / 17 miles
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
- How to Arrive: By car
- Achaval Ferrer Website
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: +54 261 481 9205
- Ideal Month(s): October – May
Bodega Achaval Ferrer is one of the most visited wineries in all of Mendoza. It gained international fame when it began to score some of the highest points for an Argentine wine in Wine Spectator and with Robert Parker’s Wine Advocate.
Constructed in 2006, the winery is a simple but modern building with large windows that give an unobstructed view of the vineyards with the Andes mountains as a backdrop. Close to the bodega, visitors can see visit picturesque old vines and olive trees.
Achaval Ferrer has three main lines of wine:
Fincas (Single Vineyards)
- Fincas represent Achaval Ferrer’s single origin wines. Its three representatives (Finca Mirador, Finca Bella Vista, and Finca Altamira) express the lands of these three places in Mendoza.
Quimera (Unique Technique)
- Achaval Ferrer’s unique practice of going through the vineyards and tasting the grapes hours before they are harvested is how Quimera is created. Santiago Achával and Roberto Cipresso decide year after year just how much variety there will be, all in persuit to find the ideal wine to represent Achaval Ferrer.
Mendoza Line (Blend of Lands)
- Made up of their two best performers (Malbec and Cabernet Sauvignon), this line focuses on the attempt by Achaval Ferrer to express variety authenticity. The Mendoza Line wines are single-variety blends from different regions, combining the essence of Luján de Cuyo, Medrano, and Valle de Uco, among others. A lively acidity, a lot of fruit and fine tannins give these wines a distinct Argentinean taste.