Experience – Clos de Los Siete Cuvelier de los Andes – Valle de Uco, Mendoza, Argentina.
- Address: Clodomiro Silva s/n (GPS-S 33 39′ 58.9” WO 69 13′ 22.4”), Vista Flores, Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina (Google Maps)
- Hours: Monday – Saturday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- How to Arrive: By car
- Distance from Mendoza: 111 km / 68.9 miles
- Cuvelier de los Andes Website
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone Number: +54 261 264-6732
- Ideal Month(s): October – May
The Cuvelier family has been selling wine in Northern France since early in the nineteenth Century. In 1903, with the purchase of the St Estèphe estate of Château le Crock, Henri Cuvelier moved into château ownership, crowning the family’s move in 1920 by buying Château Leoville Poyferré. In the 1990s the Cuvelier family spread their wings all the way to Mendoza, initially working with Michel Rolland on his Clos de la Siete project. In 1999, they started to plant their own vineyards – Cuvelier los Andes – and began producing wine in 2003. Michel Rolland dutifully oversees winemaking, and spare grapes are still sold off to Clos de la Siete.
The winery was designed with simplicity in mind and is made up of three units – one for tanks, one for barrels, and one for bottles. Orange hued, the building makes a striking impression against the backdrop of the Andes Mountains.