Experience – Atacama, Chile: Laguna Cejar
- Address: Laguna Cejar, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. (Google Maps)
- Hours: Monday – Sunday, 8:30am – 6pm
- Recommended Time: 2 – 4 hours
- How to Arrive: By car, bike
- Distance from Atacama: 20 km / 12.4 miles
- Ideal Month(s): All Year
Laguna Cejar is a sink hole lake located in Salar de Atacama, 18 km from San Pedro de Atacama. It has a salt concentration that ranges from 5 to 28% (50 to 280 parts per thousand), producing (at the higher end of the range) an effect of floating similar to the Dead Sea. The laguna has a vivid Calipso color and is surrounded by salts of various forms.
The Laguna Cejar complex includes bathrooms and showers where you can remove the body salt (mandatory), as well as dressing rooms for changing clothes.