Experience – Base de Las Torres – Torres del Paine, Chile.
- Address: Base De Las Torres, Torres de Paine, Región de Magallanes y de la Antártica Chilena, Chile (Google Maps)
- Hours: All Day
- Recommended Time: 8 hours
- How to Arrive: By walking
- Distance: 18 km / 11.1 miles (total)
- Ideal Month(s): November – March
The hike to Mirador Base de las Torres is the most popular hike in Torres del Paine National Park. The trail forms the eastern arm of the park’s famous W Trek and can be hiked as a day trip if you don’t want to hike the full W.
The trail passes through the scenic Ascencio Valley, roughly following the path of the Ascencio River, before making a steep climb up to Lago Torres at the base of Torres del Paine, the three granite towers from which the park takes its name.
The hike to the base of Torres del Paine officially starts at Hotel Las Torres, but if doing it as a day trip, visitors must begin at the Torres del Paine Welcome Center. From here, the Torres del Paine towers hike is a 21 km (13 mi) round trip, and takes 8- 10 hours to complete. The hike to Mirador de las Torres has an elevation gain of 901 m (2,956 ft).