Experience – Buenos Aires, Argentina: San Telmo Market
- Address: Humberto 1º 400, C1103 CABA, Argentina (Humberto & Defensa) (Google Maps)
- Hours: Sunday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Recommended Time: 3 hours
- How to arrive: By car, walking
- Price: Free
- Ideal Month(s): October – May
- Activities: Shopping, dining, photography, cultural immersion
The San Telmo Market is one of the best attractions in Buenos Aires. On Sundays, the oldest barrio (neighborhood) in Buenos Aires is filled with tango, arts and antiques. The market, open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, is a chance for tourists and locals to walk the streets and enjoy the artistic culture along with booth after booth of authentic antiques and crafts.
The heart of the antique fair is Plaza Dorrego, but the entire outdoor market stretches more than a dozen blocks of the cobblestone Defensa Street and off onto a few side lanes. During the Sunday Market, Defensa Street is completely filled with pedestrians, along with entertainers and vendors jockeying for attention.