Experience – Buenos Aires, Argentina: Teatro Colón
- Address: Cerrito 628, Buenos Aires, Argentina (Cerrito & Tucumán) (Google Maps)
- Hours: 9am – 5pm, show time varies
- Recommended Time: Varies
- How to arrive: By car, walking
- Price: Show price varies
- Tours: Tours in English and Spanish start every 15 minutes from 9.00am until 5.00pm.
- Ideal Month(s): Year round
- Purchase Tickets: Reserve a ticket here
Teatro Colón, Buenos Aires’ main performing-arts venue, is widely considered one of the world’s top five opera theaters. The beautiful and impressive Italianate structure is seven-stories high and occupies an entire city block. With seating for up to 2,500 (+ an additional 500 standing room spots) Teatro Colón is a world-class forum for opera, ballet and classical music with unbelievable acoustics.
If you’re visiting Buenos Aires during opera or ballet season (April through December), I highly recommend that you try to reserve a ticket to see a show at Teatro Colón. At minimum you should set aside time for a behind-the-scenes guided tour.
To get you excited for your visit, here’s a 360° virtual tour of Teatro Colón.