Experience – Atacama, Chile: Puritama Hot Springs
- Address: Puritama, Ruta, Guatin, San Pedro de Atacama, Chile. (Google Maps)
- Hours: Monday – Sunday, 9am – 5:30pm
- Recommended Time: 2 – 4 hours
- How to Arrive: By car, biking
- Distance from Atacama: 28 km / 17 miles
- Ideal Month(s): All Year
Located in the heart of the Atacama desert at 11,398 ft. (3,475 m) above sea level, the Puritama Hot Springs are a series of eight large pools filled with geothermal spring water. The pools are warm, refreshing, revitalizing, and flow from underground at temperatures near 91.4°F (33°C).
The hot springs are managed by the Explora hotel, which is responsible for maintaining the modern tourist facilities. Facilities include the outdoor pools connected by wooden footpaths, some waterfalls, and changing rooms. Explora charges an entrance fee for use of these facilities.